Horseradish and Chive Sauce
Published by the Indianapolis Recorder
When it’s time to fire up the grill this summer for an all-American classic, you can take steak to the next level by pairing it with a creamy sauce that delivers a kick. This Horseradish and Chive Sauce is the ideal complement for juicy steak; try making a day in advance to allow the flavors to meld together overnight. Find more ideas for upgrading your grilling experience at OmahaSteaks.com.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 1-24 hours
Yield: 1 1/4 cups
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated horseradish
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Omaha Steaks Private Reserve Rub
- 2 Omaha Steaks Private Reserve Boneless New York Strips (10 ounces each), thawed
- In small bowl, mix sour cream, horseradish, chives, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight, if possible, to let flavors meld.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Spread rub over steaks.
- Grill steaks to desired doneness. Serve with Horseradish and Chive Sauce.
This article originally appeared in NNPA Member The Indianapolis Recorder.