INDIANA—Viewed as a cultural and literary hub of the region, the Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF) is known as the “gateway to audiences who love the written word.” With the exceptional guidance of agents from T. Jones Media, twelve American authors have been ushered into this gateway.
SIBF is an 11-day international book fair held annually in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. It is the world’s largest public book fair attracting 2.4 million readers. Industry experts, book buyers, booksellers, and professionals from 1,420 national and international publishing houses attend the annual fair to connect with a lively and motivated community.
“These authors are making history by bringing the largest collection of titles by Black Americans to Sharjah and into the Black Book Collective”, said Delroy Simms, co-CEO. The Black Book Collective (BBC) is the leading exhibitor of African and African diaspora literature. By participating in the BBC, these authors will raise their profile as diverse and forward-thinking authors. T. Jones Media is an Indiana-based publishing consultancy with more than 200 titles in catalog.
“We are taking a giant leap into the international publishing market by not only exhibiting at the world’s largest book fair, but also navigating the world of translation rights for authors. To be part of such a lively event is nothing short of amazing. I’m excited to be able to represent the work of Black American authors at such an incredible event,” said Traneisha Jones, business strategist and CEO of T. Jones Media.
From Nov 2-13, 2022, these authors–who have been historically underrepresented in the international publishing landscape–will debut on the world stage where publishers and agents of the Sharjah Book Authority will consider their books for translation in any language.
The authors are:
- Michele Aikens, of Flossmoor, IL, is an executive business coach and author of Consider the Possibilities, a self-help book on navigating challenges with insight. http://www.itspossible.today
- Nicole Brewer, of Atlanta, GA, is a teacher, freelance travel writer and author of An ABC Guide to Children’s Games Around the World, a children’s book on exploring new lands and learning about kids from fascinating cultures. http://www.ilove2globetrot.com
- Angela Camon of Ray City, GA, is a pastor and author of This Thing Called Love, Why I Waited, and A Birthday Miracle. http://www.angelacamonministries.com
- Traneisha Jones, of Highland, IN, is an international business strategist and author of Damn Fear, an inspirational guide to overcoming fear in every facet of life. http://www.damnfear.com
- Gregory A. Lee, of Chicago, IL is an illustrator and author of The Harlem Renaissance Activity Book, a children’s book on the Roaring 20’s and the dynamic people who impacted that time period and beyond. http://www.directdesignstudio.weebly.com
- Dawn Owens, of Houston, TX, is the founder of The Corporate Couch and author of Light After A Layoff: Seven Spiritual Keys to Strengthen Resilience in the Midst of A Job Loss, Career Transition or Professional Setback. http://www.owenspublishingcompany.com
- LaTonya Richardson, of Pine Bluff, Arkansas, is a university instructor and author of Bayou Stew: An Al-the-Gator Tale, a children’s book about two unlikely friends,. https://www.larichmedia.com
- Shelia Smith, of Aiea, Hawaii, is a licensed registered nurse and author of Simply Faith, a Christian living guide to faith. https://www.simplyfaith.co
- Theresa Bean-Turner, of Chicago, IL, is a pastor and author of Lamarra’s Well, a historical fiction novel about the Biblical story of the woman at the well. http://www.lamarraswell.com
- Deidre White, of Chicago, IL, is a GIS researcher and author of Elevated Blood Lead Levels Among Chicago Children: Assessing Exposure and Risks for Lead Poison, an academic study.
- Lori Wilcox, of Chicago Heights, IL, is a combat war veteran, entrepreneur, and author of Broken and Left for Dead, a memoir. http://www.loriwilcoxway.com
- Emily D. Woolcock, MD, of Maryland, is a renowned orthopedic surgeon and author of My Doctor Looks Like ME, a children’s book. http://www.mydoctorlookslikeme.com
A total of 16 titles from these authors will be included in the Black Book Collective exhibit at the Sharjah International Book Fair, November 2-13, 2022, in Sharjah, UAE. The BBC is the leading exhibitor of African and African diaspora literature. By participating in the BBC, T. Jones Media authors will raise their profile as diverse and forward-thinking authors and help shape the trajectory of Black American narratives in international spaces.
Quick video links: